Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Worldwide income

    I have recently moved to Australia from the UK as a doctor. I am on a 482 temporary working visa but plan to stay here. I intend to be here for more than half the year so will be a resident in Australia for tax purposes. I have a few specific questions relating to taxable income in the uk: - Regarding income from rental property - do I just fill out the NRL 1 form, submit it, but then pay the income tax in Australia only on this income? Or do I pay it in the uk? - if I choose to come back to the uk for a short while and work as a doctor as a locum would I then need to complete a self assessment in the uk and pay this tax in the uk whilst declaring worldwide income? Or do I declare and pay this tax in Australia only? Do I then need to complete a UK self assessment tax return as well?