Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• RE: EPF fund in India considered as foreign Income?

Additionally, as per the below link, it mentions that Government pension schemes are only taxable in India.  So going by that , since EPFO is a government scheme, I do not have to mention the lumpsum of it that I have received. Am I right?
  • RE: EPF fund in India considered as foreign Income?

Hi, Thanks for replying. While filing the return, it mentions two confusing statements in the section "Help about: Foreign Income 07 - Overseas pensions, social security benefits and royalties etc" : 1) "Also include lump sum payments from overseas schemes that are taxable as pension income." 2) "Don’t include pensions or lump sums from overseas pension schemes here; you should include these in the ‘UK pensions, annuities and other state benefits received’." In which section do I mention it? It's confusing.
  • EPF fund in India considered as foreign Income?

I am an Indian citizen. I am UK resident for 3.5 years and non domiciled. Last year I switched to a new job in the UK, so I withdrew the Employee Provident Fund (type of pension contribution) that I had in India. This amount was deposited into my Indian bank account. Do I need to include this amount in my foreign income in self assessment? I tried to figure it out through the DTAA document , but yet I am confused.
  • Delay in Certificate of Residence

Hi, I am an Indian national living and working in the UK. For the purpose of Double Taxation I requested for a certificate of Residence online on 14th Jan 2022. I also received an automated email for it. It was supposed to be completed by 4th February, but it did not. I am checking the status of this in the "Check Progress"/"Form tracker" section of the personal account page and in the HMRC app. On 4th Feb, the system automatically created a new online application with a new application reference number with estimated date as 28th Feb. Both the previous and current application is showing as Processing. It's been 1.5 months and I still do not have the CoR application processed. Please help