Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

• Employment income on SA102

Hi, I need to apply for split year treatment so I need to fill in SA102 for my employment income even if income tax has been deducted in my payroll. My job started on 4 Apr 22 and the tax year ended on 5 Apr. Do I still need to include the 2 days income (4-5 Apr 22) in SA102? If my employer cannot provide me a P60 for these 2 days income, what can I do then? Thanks
  • Savings interest in a foreign account can fill in SA100 TR3 box3?

Hi, I have some savings interest and also cash reward (both less than 2,000 pounds) from a foreign savings account in USA and HK. I know that if my only foreign income was from interest and less than 2,000 pounds, I can fill in SA100 TR3 box 3 instead of filling in SA106. But in this situation, I have savings interest AND cash reward. So, can I still fill in the interest in SA100 TR3 box 3? Or I need to fill in SA106? Thanks
  • RE: Cash Reward from a foreign savings account

WarningThis post is currently being moderated and will be visible when it has been approved by a HMRC moderator.
  • Cash Reward from a foreign savings account (SA101 or SA106)

Hi, I had some cash rewards from a foreign savings account in HK and the cash reward was less than 2000 pounds after I became a UK tax resident. In my understanding, I have been told to fill in the SA101 form at box 3. I want to clarify that as my cash reward was from my foreign account in Hong Kong, filling in SA101 at box 3 is still suitable for me instead of filling SA106 in this case? thanks
  • RE: Cash Reward from a foreign savings account

Hi, thanks for you reply. I have just checked SA101 box 3 and it is about other UK income. I want to clarify that as my cash reward was from my foreign account in Hong Kong, filling in SA101 at box 3 is still suitable for me instead of filling SA106 in this case? thanks
  • Cash Reward from a foreign savings account

Hi, I had some cash rewards from a foreign savings account in HK and the cash reward was less than 2000 pounds after I became a UK tax resident. I know if I have a savings interest from foreign account less than 2000 pounds, I can input the amount in box 3 under "income" section of SA100 form instead of filling the SA106 form. However, I know that cash reward cannot be treated as interest. So, in my understanding, I should fill in column A,B & C under "Interest and other income from overseas savings" section in SA106 form only? Am I correct? I am NOT claiming remittance basis. If not, would you please advise which section should I input? Thank you.
  • Foreign currency exchange for a savings capital

Hi, I have a savings in USD and HKD in my oversea savings account and it is a capital which already was my asset before I become as an UK tax resident. Now, I have become an UK tax resident and I want to convert this savings from USD/HKD into GBP on my oversea account and transfer it to my UK account to support my daily expense. As I exchange my existing savings capital (already in my oversea account before coming to the UK) for one time only to support my daily expense in the UK and I am not purchasing any assets or discharging any debt. Just currency exchange. The purpose of this exchange is not a capital gain purpose, it is not an investment. I do not need to declare and pay tax on the difference of the currency exchange from USD/HKD to GBP, am I correct? Thank you.
  • Small amount of Savings interest in oversea bank account

Hi, if I have a very small amount savings interest (e.g.
  • Savings in USD exchange to GBP

Hi, if I exchange my existing savings capital which is in my oversea bank account (already in my oversea account before coming to the UK) from USD to GBP for one-off to support my daily expense after becoming UK tax resident and I am not purchasing any assets or discharging any debt. Just currency exchange. The purpose of this exchange is not a capital gain purpose, it is not an investment. When I exchange my USD to GBP under this situation, in my understanding, it is not taxable as it is my clean capital before coming to the UK and I do not exchange it for capital gain purpose. Am I correct? Thank you for your help.
  • RE: Foreign currency exchange for a savings capital

Hi, thank you for your reply. As I exchange my existing savings capital (already in my oversea account before coming to the UK) from USD to GBP for one time only to support my daily expense in the UK and I am not purchasing any assets or discharging any debt. Just currency exchange. The purpose of this exchange is not a capital gain purpose, it is not an investment. I just want to clarify if it is taxable when I exchange my USD to GBP under this situation? Thank you