Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Non-UK tax resident with UK property income

    I purchased a UK property and leased out for rental income during the year of assessment 21/22, but I have arrived UK through BNO visa after the year of assessment 21/22. In the online Self Assessment form, it treated me as a tax residence during the year of assessment 21/22 and granted me personal allowance which reduced my tax payable amount. I cannot find any area in the Self Assessment to change the tax residence status, where can I update the tax residency in the Self Assessment form? or I need to complete another form to apply this change instead?