Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: High income Child benefit

    I'm also confused about this. Some of the advice online is you can offset pension amount and then you can't.
  • Child Benefit - Adjusted Net Income / Pension

    Hi, I'm completing my SA for the first time due to earnings above 50k and my wife being in receipt of child benefit. My pay from my P60 is £59,005.11. My employer deducts my pension contribution of £225 per month prior to tax and ni being taken. Over 12 months this totals £2,700. Do I deduct this sum from my total pay of £59,005.11 and this is then my adjusted net income of £56,305.11 when completing my SA? Is there anything else that can be claimed to reduce my gross income and minimise the child benefit amount we will have to pay back. Thanks