Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Overseas resident - reclaim tax paid when cashing out pension

    Thanks for the reply According to the UAE Federal Tax Authority the process is different Ive submitted a set of documents : Passport. Valid Residence Permit. Emirates ID. A certified copy of residential lease agreement. Source of income/salary certificate. A bank statement issued by a local bank covering 6 months within the financial year related to the request. Entry and exit report from Federal Authority of Identity and Citizenship or a local competent Government entity. And been issued with a certified Tax Residency Certificate They have assured me that I just need to send this with the form you mention above, but that they will not complete/add anything to this FormDT-Individual directly - grateful for confirmation
  • Overseas resident - reclaim tax paid when cashing out pension

    I live in the UAE which has a double taxation agreement with the UK and zero personal income taxes When cashing out a pension (I'm over 55) the pension provider insists they will deduct UK tax (on an emergency code, on month 1 basis!) despite me informing them and providing a certified tax residency certificate R43 looks like the right form to reclaim, but doesn't ask for or provide opportunity to supply the tax residency certificate To reclaim this tax should I be submitting first a Form DT-Individual to establish overseas residency and then R43 to claim the refund? Anything else I've missed? Note: thanks for this fantastic resource, extremely helpful!