Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • RE: Net Pay after PAYE, NI and Pension

    Net pay refers to the amount of money an employee takes home after deductions for PAYE (Pay As You Earn) taxes, National Insurance (NI) contributions, and pension contributions have been made. Here's how you can calculate your net pay: Determine your gross pay: Start with your gross pay, which is your total earnings before any deductions. This includes your salary, any bonuses, commissions, or other forms of taxable income. Calculate PAYE: Use the tax code provided by HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) to determine your income tax liability. The amount of PAYE you owe depends on your taxable income and the tax rates applicable to your income band. HMRC provides tax calculators and tax tables to assist with this calculation[link removed]
  • RE: Payslip error with BIK

    If there is an error on your <a href="">payslip</a> related to BIK (Benefit in Kind), it is important to bring this to your employer's attention as soon as possible. BIK refers to any non-cash benefits provided by your employer, such as a company car or private medical insurance. These benefits are taxable, and the amount of tax you owe will be calculated based on the value of the benefit. If you believe that there is an error on your payslip related to BIK, you should first check that the information on your payslip is accurate. Make sure that the correct value of the benefit is listed, and that any deductions or tax calculations are correct. If you notice an error, you should contact your employer's payroll department or HR department to explain the issue and request that it be corrected. Your employer should be able to correct the error on your next payslip, and should also provide you with a revised P60 form at the end of the tax year. It is important to keep track of any errors or discrepancies on your payslip, as these can affect your tax liability and your entitlement to certain benefits.