Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

  • Where to register negative foreign interest

    Hello, in 22-23 I had a net negative interest for the year, because of accrued interest paid on a foreign government bond (not a deep discounted security) and foreign currency interest differentials. My questions are: 1-Since I had no other interest gains to set this against, can I claim income tax relief or carry it to the next year? 2-If yes to the above, there seems to be no forms that allow negative numbers for interest, where in the self assessment should I register or carry this loss? Thank you