Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 09 Sep 2024 13:42:10 GMT by Tom O'Connor
Hi, I have been researching PPT and I am seeking a some reliable information on the eligibility criteria for registering for PPT, particularly were there are multiple packaging components made from different materials. It appears to me that many businesses (including high street names) have a rather simplistic understanding of what qualifies for PPT and how it is applied. Having read both the 2021 Finance Act and the PPT Regulations, there is a lot of cross-referencing, but it appears to me to suggest that PPT is only applicable if plastics represent the largest primary and secondary packaging components by weight, when compared to all other components. If this is the case, I believe that are some foreign businesses in particular that are being urged to register for PPT, when there is no need. In one instance, I have provided a thorough explanation of how I understand PPT to work, along with supporting evidence in the form of the results of the HMRC online calculator and this is being rejected. Therefore one of us has it wrong; and I don't think it is me. I am therefore looking for a very solid presentation or guide (preferably not an online document) which I can offer to both the suppliers and the purchasers of their products. Has HMRC produced anything like this? Thanks
Posted Thu, 12 Sep 2024 13:51:51 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,
For further guidance on Plastic Packaging Tax, you will need to contact our Plastic Packaging Tax team for advice.
Plastic Packaging Tax enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Sun, 15 Sep 2024 16:57:36 GMT by Tom O'Connor
Thank you

You must be signed in to post in this forum.