Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 27 May 2024 23:47:46 GMT by bbvvch
Hi I started my activity as no resident - living abroad - doing trading with exchange broker in UK in January 2024 The broker confirm me that I need pay tax income over benefit - that its right and according the law in UK, but the exchange broker frozen all funds and disabled the account to transfer my own fund and benefit fund. Actually im working with Tax agent in UK - to advance with the right self assesment - based on information about transaction. The broker said that the limit to pay tax income is 7 June 2024 at 12 UK time- my question are: a) Can the exchange broker to disabled account and frozen fund? - b) Is the limit 7 June - when the dates to pay income 2023-2024 close in April and 2024.-2025 close in November 2024? c) I undertand that the rate to pay tax income is 21% - my question, is can I talk with HRMC - to understand my alternatives in this situation? - Thanks for your attention!
Posted Fri, 31 May 2024 13:52:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

We cannot comment on whether the broker can suspend your account.   

Income tax and non-residential property Captial Gains Tax, declared in a Self Assessment return is payable by 31 January after the tax year has ended.  

You can contact our Self Assesment team if you wish to discuss anything.

Self Assessment: general enquiries

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 31 May 2024 15:33:32 GMT by bbvvch
Thank you very much for your prompt response. The broker through your platform tells me that the reason is that I have to execute the payment of tax on profits. In this regard, I am already moving forward with the registration process with HMRC under the supervision of a tax consultant in the UK so that I have the self assement developed to execute the process according to the laws in the UK.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.