Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 28 Aug 2024 14:14:01 GMT by DJ Hamblin-Brown
We applied for an R&D tax credit under the SME scheme. We provided the details on the new online system and then sent the CT600L via email to rd.rd.incentivesreliefs@hmrc.gov.uk along with a. paper copy. We received a rejection via post saying our submission was incomplete. We assume (but cannot check) that this was because we failed to include our annual accounts. We corrected this by email - again, sending to rd.incentivesreliefs@hmrc.gov.uk . I have followed-up again by email. Nothing - not even an automated response. Any thoughts on how to raise a response from this team? I recognise they are busy, but it would be helpful to know if we have received our application, why the delay ... Suggestions gratefully received. DJ .
Posted Mon, 02 Sep 2024 09:16:23 GMT by HMRC Admin 17 Response

Hi ,

Thank you for your query.

We are sorry for the delay in dealing with your latest R&D claim.

Due to a high volume of receipts, HMRC currently aims to process claims within 40 days for R&D tax credits and
within 60 days for R&D expenditure credits.

If you chase the progress of your claim within these timeframes, the R&D unit will not be able to respond.

If the relevant time elapses and you have not received an update on your claim, please contact the mailbox again.

The R&D unit will then aim to respond to you within 5 working days.

Thank you .
Posted Wed, 04 Sep 2024 10:09:29 GMT by DJ Hamblin-Brown
Thanks for your reply. It's more than 60 days I've contacted the mailbox several times - no response there than an automatic reply. That's why I've taken the trouble to register and post on this forum.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.