Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 09 Oct 2023 18:46:51 GMT by dedalos
Hi I am a single director and only employee of an LTD and the only driving force of the LTD revenue. The LTD business bank account holds an amount of retained profit (e.g. corporate tax has been paid for all previous years). The company has no other tax liabilities. I intend to close the LTD company and i would like to contribute 100% of the retained profit to my SIPP account which is in my name only. I have been advised by Financial Adviser and my accountant that i do have this option, i.e. to contribute to my SIPP using the retained profit of my company in order to increase the low balance of my private pension (SIPP). I also prefer that option ie contributing to my LTD post corporate tax retained profit to my SIPP instead of withdrawing those monies in the form of dividend, and/or salary. I would like to also check with HRMC (in addition to the confirmation from my accountant and financial adviser) that there are no restrictions to do since this is retained profit from revenue that only I generated as single director, only employee of the company and this revenue has already being subjected to corporate tax.
Posted Tue, 17 Oct 2023 09:11:02 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi,

The government has set out in legislation what contributions are eligible to attract pension tax relief and subject to other criteria
which can limit the amount overall. These are publicly available in the pension tax manual at  :

Pensions Tax Manual  . 

From your comments I can see you have already sought advice from your financial adviser and accountant.

This is the appropriate place to seek advice on any tax planning you are doing, HMRC is unable to provide any advice of this nature.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.