Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 13:55:26 GMT by
Dear HMRC, I submitted the R&D claim more than 22 weeks ago and have not received any indication of approval, rejection, clear update or query on the claim, while I have sent several emails to RD.IncentivesReliefs@hmrc.gov.uk and rdcompliancechecks@hmrc.gov.uk which apparently are the only way to contact regarding this matter but received no response other than automatic replies. This has been a frustrating process and has affected our cashflow management. Our company has some debt to HMRC for PAYE/NI and we receive notices for this debt but would not even respond to the claim they have to pay. This claim is a sufficient help for us if gets processed. I grasp that HMRC is tightening its scrutiny on claims, a necessary step. Nevertheless, our tech innovation firm operates legitimately. The UK Government unveiled a roadmap in March 2023 to achieve tech superpower status by 2030. Our reliance on the R&D tax credit scheme is vital for fostering innovation and enabling our scaling endeavours. Without this support, there's a risk of curtailing investments in skilled staff and R&D initiatives. While announcing such plans is commendable, practical assistance is essential for effective implementation. Can someone contact me to give me an update regarding our claim?
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 10:18:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
We are currently processing a high volume of claims.
If you contacted us more than 40 days ago about claiming an R&D tax credit or more than 60 days ago about claiming an R&D expenditure credit claim, please contact us again.
We aim to respond to your email within 5 working days.
Thankyou.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.