Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 08 Jan 2024 13:17:12 GMT by
I notified HMRC that my business had ceased trading in July. Sometime after that I received a corporation tax demand which was duly completed and submitted to HMRC. The CT600 included details of loss in the final year of trading and requested repayment to be made to my bank account. After several months no repayment was made and the company was subsequently struck off. My question is, will a repayment still be made now that the business has been struck off and how long do I have to wait? Thanks.
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 10:36:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
Once a company is dissolved, it can no longer do or receive anything; in particular, it cannot receive a tax refund.
It is the company director’s responsibility to ensure that a company’s assets and liabilities are all dealt with before it is dissolved.
If you want to obtain a tax refund from HMRC, you will need to ask Companies House to restore the company to the register.
Once you have had confirming that the company is restored, you will need to contact us regarding your claim.
Guidance on how to restore a dissolved company can be found at:
Restore your dissolved company
Thankyou.
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 17:05:28 GMT by
Many thanks for your reply :)
Posted Tue, 23 Apr 2024 10:46:22 GMT by Vic1952
Where can I find all details of when a partenrship buisness has been closed down and what I need to do partnership self assessment of the business for 9 months before closing doen
Posted Tue, 30 Apr 2024 09:10:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Hi,
You should have this information from your own accounts.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.