Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 14:48:27 GMT by
Hello, I work for a Payroll company based in the United States, but we do have a physical address setup in the United Kingdom. Can someone breakdown the registration process for me? As a third party payroll provider, are we able to register new clients with HMRC? Is the client required to register themselves before taking on agents to manage payroll and taxes? Being based in the US can we register for clients using our US address or would it need to be under our established UK address? What forms would we need to collect from the client in order to register (if able to)? At what point does the anti money laundering supervision take place, and is this something we do as an agent or is this something the client does and then provides to us that they are a legitimate company? I really apologize for all of these questions, but it is my understanding the UK is not a fan of using email for correspondence, so this is the best avenue I have at the moment to avoid long international calls. If anyone is able to provide a detailed breakdown of the registration process from start to finish for a US based agent (with UK physical address established), it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 10:17:14 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Cameron,
This is not the best avenue for such a detailed question. Please call the Employer Helpline per the following:- Employers: general enquiries.
Thank you.
Posted Fri, 01 Dec 2023 12:13:24 GMT by
Who can I contact by email to agree that I want to contact by email? I found the following information showing email is possible as long as I agree and acknowledge information to be shared over email. If you do want to use email If you would like to use email as one of the ways HMRC will contact you, we’ll need you to confirm in writing by post or email: that you understand and accept the risks of using email that you’re content for financial information to be sent by email that attachments can be used If you are the authorised agent or representative we’ll need you to confirm in writing by post or email that your client understands and accepts the risks. Also: send us the names and email addresses of all people you would like us to use email with — you, your staff, your representative, your agent, for example confirm you have ensured that your junk mail filters are not set to reject and/or automatically delete HMRC emails
Posted Mon, 04 Dec 2023 16:50:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 2 Response
Hi,

We can only contact you by email in certain cases. You would give this authorisation over the phone or by using the relevant forms for that particular case.

We can't contact you by mail for all contact.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.