Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 07 Jan 2024 15:27:57 GMT by
I mistakenly set up a business account and filed it. Now I owe some amount in the business account, Is it the right way to go for "Deregister a tax, duty or scheme from your account" under "Manage account" to get rid of the file?
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 10:29:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 8 Response
Hi,
You have explained the correct steps to remove a service from the Business Tax Account, but we suggest that you deal with the outstanding amount before you do this.
If this amount relates to corporation tax, you can discuss this with us by calling 0300 200 3410. 
If the amount relates to another tax, you can find the relevant contact details at:
Contact HM Revenue & Customs
If you experience any technical problems trying to remove the service from your account, you can contact our online helpdesk on 0300 200 3600.
Thankyou.
Posted Thu, 11 Jan 2024 08:58:18 GMT by
Dear HMRC Admin 8, Thank you so much for your advise. It is related to personal account (income tax) and I have already filed it with exactly the same amount of the one in the business account which some mistakes in the self-assessment process led me to. So, I filed twice with the same amount of income, one in the business account (by mistake) and another one in the personal account. Please kindly advise relevant contact No. (or email address etc) that I should contact. I am currently in overseas (Pakistan) for my work till around 20th this month, and it is rather difficult to contact by telephone (time difference, telephone communication cost etc). Thank you again for your kind help in this regards, Best regards,
Posted Wed, 17 Jan 2024 09:27:07 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Hideharu Watanabe,
Our contact number for callers outside the UK is +44 151 268 0571.
Alternatively, you can write to us at Corporation Tax Services, HM Revenue and Customs, BX9 1AX.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.