Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 11 Aug 2023 16:25:18 GMT by SamSam
I would like to file the corporation tax through HRMC website. My company just has property income less than 5200 pounds in this year. I have inputted rental income 4000 pounds into CP507 income from property and all the expenses 3000 pounds into CP508 Expenses directly related to income from the property. It showed total income from the property is net amount of 1000 pounds. But when I continue near the end of input. CP289 Adjusted trading profit showed 3000 pounds and CP512 income from property showed 1000 pounds. The total profits before other deductions and reliefs is 4000 pounds again. CP295 Net profits chargeable to Corporation Tax showed 4000 pounds. I totally dont understand why 4000 pounds is subject to corporation tax but not 1000 pounds because I have 3000 pounds expenses, such as repairs, letting management fee, etc. Really dont know how to file my corporation tax now.
Posted Tue, 15 Aug 2023 11:02:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 17

Hi, 

Without knowing the full details of any entries made I am unable to comment, from the details you have provided you appear to be eligable to use our free filing software. the entry at CP295 should be CP293-CP294, are there entries in those boxes? I would suggest that on the relevant pages there are HELP buttons, if you press the button you can put your query in and those queries go to a dedictated team who will be happy to ring you (provide telephone details in your message) and discuss the entries and hopefully assist in what appears to be going wrong,
they will usually reply within 2 to 3 days of your HELP request.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.