Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 15 Jul 2024 10:09:01 GMT by Mohomak
Having spent over 2 hours on hold this week and last and not getting any clear guidance I thought I would ask here. I have at some time in the last year seemingly acquired a Business Tax Account along with my Personal Tax account. This account seems to have data pertaining to property rental taxes which used to all appear under my Personal Tax Account. I certainly have never tried to add a business account unless somehow inadvertently. I also used online filing software for the first time this year - I live abroad. Should I have this and if not who can I try to contact to get it changed? Thanks
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 10:06:44 GMT by HMRC Admin 21 Response
Hi Mohamak,
If you have opened a business account in error then you will need to contact our online helpdesk for assistance:
Technical support with HMRC online services.
Thank you.
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2024 10:59:34 GMT by Mohomak
Thanks for your reply however I tried to contact the online help desk twice already. The first time the guy could not access the relevant information and suggested I call back later - this was after 25 minutes on hold. The second time a young lady didn't even want any of my personal details and basically said nothing to be done - after 45 minutes on hold.......She also said she was nothing to do with online help yet that was the original phone no. I used before having to select the closest options from the pre-recorded menu. As far as I know I did not open or set up the account. So basically you are saying I just have to try again..........

You must be signed in to post in this forum.