Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 14 Aug 2023 11:37:36 GMT by mtg23
Hi, I was wondering if you could help me figure this out. I'm a non-vat registered sole trader based in the UK and I've been doing business with a Polish company. I'm about to issue an invoice for book illustrations I've done for this company, and I'm not sure how to deal with any possible taxes involved. Since I do have a certificate of residence, I believe that I just issue a regular non-vat invoice with no taxes on it, and both the netto and brutto quotes are the same - just the exact quote I'm being paid. So basically the same simple type of invoice I'd issue for a UK-based publisher. Is that correct? Do I have to add any other information to the invoice? Thanks so much.
Posted Tue, 22 Aug 2023 12:49:37 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

If you are providing such services then they will be classed as being Outside the Scope Of VAT based on the Place of Supply Rules.

You would not need to state anything extra on the invoice than if you invoice a UK company.

However it could be helpful to your Business customer if you state that any VAT is to be accounted for by the Business customer.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.