Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2023 08:42:40 GMT by Chitra Joshi
Hello, I have received a repayment cheque from HMRC which I cannot deposit in my Business Account as my bank is an online bank and doesn't have that facility. How should I proceed with returning the cheque and getting the payment method changed to BACs? Many thanks in advance.
Posted Tue, 21 Nov 2023 12:32:03 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
We would suggest that you call the CT Helpline on 0300 200 3410. If you advise that you are unable to deposit the cheque, they can cancel this for you and take BACS details over the telephone. The repayment can then be made via BACS once the cheque has been cancelled. There is no need to return this to HMRC, you can simply destroy it.
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.