Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2024 11:45:30 GMT by totalwise
**hypothetical figures used for simplicity** Corporation tax says the due amount is £160. But I only owe £30. The accountant has prepared and filed returns for corporation tax of £30 on the bank interest received. There would have been a tax of £130 owned on profits for the year. But there are losses brought forward that exceed the profits for the year and the losses have been applied for this year that was field. Is it normal for the HMRC portal to show incorrect figures. Or has there been a filing error. Due to the small amount of tax owed it doesnt make sense for the accountant to make enquries with their hourly rate so I am trying to sort this out myself.
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2024 21:30:42 GMT by totalwise
I should add. The hypotethical figures and close amounts to real amounts. So the balance in the hmrc portal is overstated by around £130. I will call the HMRC helpline at some point, the corporation tax is not due until end of December so I have loads of time. But I just want to put my mind at ease for now. The accountant checked their filing and said everything is done correctly at their end and to just leave it for a few weeks and see if HMRC resolves this by itself.
Posted Wed, 14 Aug 2024 10:37:16 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi totalwise,
Corporation Tax is self assesed we will use the figures provided by the company via the CT600 and accounts and tax computations.
If the amounts used are incorrect you need to arrange for the return to be amended.
You may wish to call the Corporation Tax Helpline and we can discuss the case specifically.
Corporation Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 

Posted Sat, 17 Aug 2024 01:51:40 GMT by totalwise
Thank you I will contact hmrc. the accountant has shown me the submissions. and i can see quite clearly how the computations and filled returns display a ceetain figure, bit hmrc website is showing something else.
Posted Tue, 20 Aug 2024 10:14:54 GMT by HMRC Admin 17 Response

Hi ,

As suggested previously,

I would suggest you contact CT Services, HM Revenue & Customs, BX9 1AX, telephone 0300 200 3410.

You will need to quote the company UTR.

Thank you .

You must be signed in to post in this forum.