Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 05 Jul 2024 20:54:19 GMT by walkerluke
Hello, I am in the process of buying a property in UK. I do not own any other dwelling/property anywhere except one abroad. I understand I will not be a first time buyer however, will I fall under the high stamp duty rates? The key caveat here is that the property I own abroad is less than £40,000. The first UK home I would be purchasing would the first home I will ever be purchasing anywhere in the world thats above £40,000. You can refer here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/stamp-duty-land-tax-buying-an-additional-residential-property Under 'What property the higher rates apply to' section it says 'If any of you will own, or part own more than one residential property worth £40,000 or more, you will have to pay the higher rates on your new purchase (unless there is another reason why the higher rates do not apply).' Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 12 Jul 2024 09:37:27 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi walkerluke,
this forum does not deal with stamp duty and you will need to refer to the link already mentioned or contact them direct on 0300 200 3510.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.