Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 04 Aug 2023 14:15:44 GMT by
Hello, I have been trying to report Capital Gains via the online tool for over a week now and keep receiving the same error message that the system has an error. Given you give individuals a certain amount of time to report such things it would be great if they worked. Please advise when this will be fixed. many thanks
Posted Wed, 09 Aug 2023 11:26:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You need to report and pay within 60 days if it is a UK residential property. If you are still having issues you can download the paper version to send in within the 60 day timeline. Of other gains, you can use the real time to report online up to 31 December 2023 other wise its a tax return.

Report and pay your Capital Gains Tax

Thank you.
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2023 17:29:00 GMT by
Hello, I live in Canada and am having the same problem. I need to report the sale of my UK property and my accountant says it is important to try and do this online. When trying to do so, it says, 'We are experiencing technical difficulties' and 'Please try again in a few mins'. It is not ideal having to mail in as it takes several weeks for the mail to get to the UK. The implication is that this is a known problem at HMRC's end but not very informative about what to do otherwise.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.