Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 13 May 2024 21:59:09 GMT by Hachin32
Corrective account C4
Posted Tue, 14 May 2024 21:25:03 GMT by Hachin32
I have sold a property whilst living outside of UK. I have been updated by my solicitor and accountant in UK that they have sent a corrective account , C4 which has now been returned back (amended) from HRMC. It seems as if the CGT paid on the property has now changed, leading to a possible refund in my favour. There has been many attempts at communication with HMRC about this which has been incredibly poor. The last brief response was to contact the CGT that deals with this and upon proceeding with the advice they have had no response or replies regarding this. In total the present time dealing with the whole situation has been progressing to 8 months with still no response. Is this normal or has something gone a miss with this? Thank you.
Posted Fri, 17 May 2024 09:54:38 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Hachin32,
We do have a backlog at present, but you can chase this up by calling +44 161 931 9070
Self Assessment: general enquiries
Thank you. 
Posted Wed, 22 May 2024 02:01:38 GMT by Hachin32
Appreciate how busy things must be. I do have difficulty getting through and being overseas i personally cant get in contact with anyone so does not help matters. I have tried phoning earlier on in the day your time and before lines close but still nothing. Who has responsibility for dealing with Capital gains Tax matters and refunds within HMRC?. Can you be specific exactly who deals with this as replies to my solicitor have been a little vague at present. Thank you
Posted Fri, 24 May 2024 14:12:21 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

It is our Self Assessment team and you can contact them on webchat if that is easier, use the link below and select digital assistant.

Self Assessment tax returns

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.