Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 23 Jan 2024 17:30:01 GMT by
I have been living in the UK for 5 years and have a settled status. I am currently filling out the self assessment form online for capital gains tax relating to a share of land I own which has now been sold. I am not looking into brining the full amount into the UK. Is it correct that since I have not been a resident in the UK for at least 15 years I am not considered as domiciled? Hence, I only pay CGT based on remittance? If so, how may I include this in the self assessment form? Thank you
Posted Fri, 26 Jan 2024 11:49:17 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Please refer to guidance here:
Paying tax on the remittance basis (Self Assessment helpsheet HS264)
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.