Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 04 Apr 2024 23:05:06 GMT by Raymond_34 Mond
Hello. I immigrated to the UK in November 2023. It was only four months after arriving in the UK, in March 2024, that I sold my residential property in Hong Kong. After checking the Statutory Residence Test (SRT), I found that I am not considered a UK resident for the tax year 2023 to 2024. So, I'm wondering if I need to report the sale of my overseas residential property to HMRC? Do I need to pay Capital Gains Tax on it?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 13:16:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

No, as you are not UK resident.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.