Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 30 Sep 2023 07:18:06 GMT by Stuart Griffiths
My wife and I will complete on the sale of one of our jointly owned properties in the next few weeks.We have and continue to file paper tax returns,my wife is computer illeterate, does not own a mobile phone, or have a email.Previously when we have sold a property i have downloaded form SA108 from HMRC website which we complete and post . I visited the HMRC site but they do not have this tax years (23/24) SA 108 on the site only last years. I rang HMRC who could not tell me it would be available.I asked for copies of this years SA108 to be posted to us but was sent last years. What should i do to report and pay any tax within the 60 day period ? Are there different forms we are able to comlete? When will HMRC update their site with this years SA108 forms?
Posted Thu, 05 Oct 2023 12:39:04 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

The sale of UK residential properties ,ust now be done within 60 days using a new method.

Report and pay your Capital Gains Tax

Ideally this is done online but  there is a link in this to download a paper copy of the property return to send in to us by post.

Thank you.
Posted Fri, 06 Oct 2023 06:55:48 GMT by Stuart Griffiths
Thanks for your reply,but i think you are missing my point.There is no online link that gives you this years (April 23 to April 24) in relation to form SA 108 only to last years form (April22 to April 23). So i cannot print this years form. I presume this is a deliberate act by HMRC to try and force customers to use online reporting,making it difficult as possible for people who want to complete on paper HMRC should be there for all customers making it as easy as possible.
Posted Fri, 13 Oct 2023 12:04:45 GMT by HMRC Admin 32 Response
Hi,

The SA108 is not applicable to the sale of UK residential properties until you are actually filing your tax return hence the reason it is not there for the 2023 to 2024 tax year. Any gain for residential property must be reported and paid within 60 days, link given in previous reply.

You can also contact our Income Tax team to have a paper version of the property disposal return issued to you.

Income Tax: general enquiries

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.