Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2024 12:48:13 GMT by
Hello there, I've been aquiring crypto for the past few years and only recently (Jan) made a meaninful withdrawl securing profits Please advise on how best I can submit all record of my activity so I'm know the appropriate amount owed, as I haven't submitted any information thus far I've been using Koinly to amalgamate all my wallets for ease of calculations, is it possible to submit these as records and go from there? Cheers
Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:18:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

Please refer to guidance at:

Report and pay your Capital Gains Tax

Thank you.
Posted Sat, 09 Mar 2024 17:40:57 GMT by NBW123
Thank you. I'm putting things together now but I have a few specific questions regarding the differences between income tax and capital gains pertaining to my situation Is there an email address I can contact with my query? Cheers
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2024 14:20:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
Income tax and capital gains tax are two separate taxes, that do not intermix.  
Expenses set against income tax liability cannot be set against capital gains tax liability and allowances set against capital gains liability, cannot be set against income tax.  
You can contact our self assesment helpline on 0300 200 3310 or contact our webchat facility at:
Contact HMRC
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.