Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 19 Apr 2024 10:06:11 GMT by katdallimore
I would like to gift my sister my rental property. She currently cannot afford to buy it from me however she would look at paying for some of the cost in installments every few years. Would I need to pay capital gains on this?

[Display name amended - Admin]
Posted Wed, 24 Apr 2024 10:26:35 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi katdallimore,
Yes as this would be seen as a sale. your sister would then need do declare the rental income.
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.