Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 05 Apr 2024 12:08:17 GMT by Stevelima Dixon
I have some OEICs which are currently outside an ISA. If I sell them or transfer them into an ISA buying some new OEICs, can I offset any profits on for example three OEIC by the loss I have made on one of them when calculating the amount to pay tax on?
Posted Mon, 15 Apr 2024 14:19:46 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You cannot transfer any non ISA shares you already own into an ISA unless they are from an employee share scheme.

For calculating the tax, yes, any capital losses can be used to reduce your capital gain.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.