Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 08 Feb 2024 16:13:29 GMT by
Hi, Our company has company vans and pays for all fuel. The company policy does not allow any private usage of the company vans. We are currently considering the change in policy allowing private usage of the company vans. The question is: if we change the policy part way through the year, what do we need to report on P11D - the taxable benefit for the whole year (as the vans we available to employees for the whole year) or the proportion of the year (from the date of policy change)? Thanks
Posted Tue, 13 Feb 2024 14:48:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 32

You would report the details of the company van when the benefit charge became due. If this was part way through the tax year then it would be the apportioned benefit.

Expenses and benefits: company vans and fuel

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.