Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 19 Oct 2023 15:10:53 GMT by
I am classed as an agile worker in my workplace. I work 99.9% of my work time at home only very occasionally going into the office on an ad hoc basis as I need to or my manager asks me to. I also do ad hoc visits in the community from home. In policy it says base is home but they also say I have a fixed workplace which is an office. I start work at home at 7.30am. After this start time I may later go on a visit in the community. I have always started work at home before going anywhere including to the office. Two questions 1. Can I claim travelling expenses for all my journeys or is there a regular commute in all this? 2. Do I have to deduct time for a regular commute at any point? Please don’t give me links to HMRC site because I have read it until I am exhausted. I just need someone to put the rules in plain English please. Thank you.
Posted Tue, 24 Oct 2023 15:08:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 32
Hi,

We can only provide general advice in this forum.  

For a more detailed reply, you will need to contact our Income Tax team or seek professional advice.

Income Tax: general enquiries  

Travel from your home for visits in the community, would be allowable for tax relief. Travel from your home to your office, would not.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.