Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2023 14:44:39 GMT by Naveed Mughal
I get a car allowance from my employer and it is taxed at source through my payslips. £400 a month But my tax code has also changed to show that I get car benefit, new code is 7700L Is this correct ? I feel like I am being taxed twice.
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 09:45:18 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
We would need to access your record to review the code. Normally the car allowance is in place of receiving a company car benefit.
You can contact HMRC at https:
Income Tax: general enquiries
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.