Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 18 Aug 2023 09:57:28 GMT by GN
Hi, Are following expenses counted as Allowable expense? 1) Paid online learning platform ( To search product, sourcing product from overseas etc) 2) Product search like junglescout Furthermore, if i loss in 2017/2018, can i offset the loss for 2018/2019 profit ? Thanks
Posted Wed, 23 Aug 2023 14:39:32 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can claim allowable business expenses for training that helps you improve the skills and knowledge you use in your business, for example, refresher courses. The training courses must be related to your business.  

You cannot claim for training courses that help you start a new business or expand into new areas of business, including anything related to your current business.

Losses from one year can be carried forward and set against the profits of a future tax year. You have 4 years from the end of the tax year in question, to claim losses and elect what to do with them. Losses must be claimed either in a Self Assessment tax return or in writing to HMRC.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.