Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Mon, 02 Oct 2023 09:09:33 GMT by James Grayston
Hello: For 14 days in every 28 days, I look after a young man with learning difficulties. He stays overnight with me at my house. I'm employed by his parents with money that is provided to them by the local authority. Please can someone tell me what expenses I can deduct when it comes to filling in my tax return as I can't seem to find any official guidance out there? Thanks
Posted Thu, 05 Oct 2023 16:44:42 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi James Grayston,
Please refer to guidance at:
Expenses if you're self-employed
Simplified expenses if you're self-employed
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.