Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 19 Jan 2024 09:29:25 GMT by
Hello I am an academic, I was invited to visit an international university and they reimbursed me directly for my plane and hotel fees. Should I declare this as a sole trader/ but put no profit/ travel expenses? Thanks in advance
Posted Mon, 22 Jan 2024 15:03:28 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
If this was NOT in relation to either a trade or employment, and this was just a straight reimbursement of travel etc, then this would not be taxable income and would not need to be declared.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.