Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 07 Apr 2024 08:17:52 GMT by Chappy
I charge a flat mileage rate to my clients, which is added to the clients invoice. My question is, when declaring my turnover for my tax return (Sole trader) do include the full invoice amount including the mileage or do just declare the total amount less the mileage. Very confusing but cant find anyone that can give the right answer.
Posted Wed, 17 Apr 2024 11:03:50 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Chappy,
You include the full amount of the invoice as part of your business turnover and then deduct the mileage as an expense.
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.