Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 03 Jun 2023 21:24:55 GMT by Kliment Paskalev
As an airbnb host, when filling my annual self-assessment tax form, do I need to have invoices from my cleaner for all cleaning services, or is it enough to just keep a record of the bank transaction of the payment? My cleaner does not use any software to generate invoices and I have only got the transactions for each payment to them from the bank. Is that enough?
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 10:22:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 19
Hi,

If the bank statement confirms the full name of the cleaner, this should suffice.

Thank you.
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 14:08:47 GMT by Kliment Paskalev
Hello, Thank you for the quick response! That is very helpful indeed. Another question I have is about which sum is deductible as an expense. In some cases, I have had to pay my cleaner extra money, but the AirBnB receipt/invoice reflects the original. For example: My Airbnb booking has £120 revenue sent to me, 100 of which are for the night rented and 20 are for the cleaning fee. However, upon inspection from the cleaner, there have been extra things to clean that are not usual to most check-outs, so I end up paying the cleaner £25. Question is, can I write off the £25 as the cleaning expense, although the Airbnb receipt says 20 are for cleaning? All of course under the fact that the £25 bank transaction to the cleaner is recorded and can be provided as proof. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 09 Jun 2023 14:42:22 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
Hi
As long as you have the evidence for the weeks the extra is paid, you can claim it.
Thankyou.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.