Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sun, 04 Jun 2023 15:43:14 GMT by
I usually work CIS but have taken a short term role where an agency is paying me PAYE . They pay daily lodge allowance that is taxed. Due to the location I am working away from home & renting a room. Can i claim the room rental as an expense? And can i claim any other expenses?
Posted Wed, 07 Jun 2023 08:46:58 GMT by HMRC Admin 8
You cannot claim the room rental as an expense. For other expenses, refer to guidance at:
Claim tax relief for your job expenses
Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.