Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 03 Jan 2024 18:51:20 GMT by
I have realised that I can claim a tax rebate on a professional subscription. I have claimed for this year in my self assessment. How do I claim for the previous 4 years? Do I amend the self assessments?
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 16:24:41 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

You can amend your 2021 to 2022 return until 31 January 2024, amendments must either be made online or be in HMRC possession by that date, after which you will need to submit in writing, an overpayment relief claim. Guidance on the format and process can be seen here:

SACM12150 - Overpayment relief: Form of claims

You can make an overpayment relief claim for the years 2019 to 2020 and 2020 to 2021. The deadline for 2019 to 2020 is 5 April 2024, after which it is to late to claim any reliefs.

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.