Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 11:26:58 GMT by
If am employee on UK payroll is permitted to expense one flight per year to their home country does this go on the P11D
Posted Wed, 10 Jan 2024 10:37:24 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

It depends on who books and pays for the flight, the employer or the employee. You can see guidance here:

Expenses and benefits: personal bills

If the flight is classed as a personal bill, please also see the following guidance to see if the special rules apply in your case.

Special tax rules on foreign travel (490: Chapter 7)

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.