Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 21 Mar 2024 15:23:40 GMT by Alice Birch
Hi, would CPC 51 11 002 be the correct code to get goods back (reimported) from USA? We need to get them back to rework them as they were incorrect, but don't want to pay duties and taxes on the import. We will be sending them back to the customer as soon as we have reworked them. Many thanks for your help in advance.
Posted Fri, 22 Mar 2024 12:01:24 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Hi You need to check the CDS procedure codes, that looks like an old CHIEF code. It is up to you to choose the correct code but the suggested code is only when you are sending a replacement before you reimport the faulty item . You would usually need prior permission / authorisation to do this.
Posted Wed, 03 Apr 2024 07:12:49 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Alice Birch,
It is out of our remit to provide specific procedure codes, please refer to below guidance to locate appropriate codes.
Appendix 1: DE 1/10: Requested and Previous Procedure Codes of the Customs Declaration Service (CDS)
Appendix 2: DE 1/11: Additional Procedure Codes of the Customs Declaration Service (CDS)
Thank you. 

You must be signed in to post in this forum.