Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 26 Dec 2023 13:05:01 GMT by
Hello, I'm French, living in France, and I'd like to purchase a second-hand vehicle in the UK and export it to France. It is for personal use, so I guess that I just need to do a declaration by conduct or an oral declaration at the border. Is that correct? Are there specific documents I need? And then I will have to do the customs clearance in France? Do we have to inform the DVLA of the permanent export? Thank you
Posted Fri, 05 Jan 2024 14:59:00 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi Marie Sen.
Yes, for permanent export customer needs to inform DVLA about the vehicle.
For more information please check here:
Taking a vehicle out of the UK Skip to contents of guide Contents
Thank you. 


You must be signed in to post in this forum.