Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 15 Dec 2023 11:58:54 GMT by
As part of a UK consortium, an EU company needs to import equipment as part of a trial Hydrogen plant that will run for 1 year, then equipment will be exported again. The EU company is not registered in the UK. Can they import the equipment on a temporary basis without paying VAT or import duty?
Posted Fri, 15 Dec 2023 15:50:57 GMT by Customs oldtimer
There are various Temporary admissions duty and VAT reliefs however it is likely that prior approval fro HMRC will be needed.
Posted Wed, 20 Dec 2023 14:18:25 GMT by HMRC Admin 25
Hi IanP,
Please speak with our International Trade Team to see if this can be done as a temporary import.
Please see below:
Imports and exports: general enquiries
Thank you. 

Posted Wed, 20 Dec 2023 14:36:15 GMT by
I keep trying, will try again.
Posted Thu, 21 Dec 2023 10:51:28 GMT by Customs oldtimer
There is plenty of info here Many of the TA reliefs are available to overseas businesses.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.