Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Wed, 24 May 2023 08:09:27 GMT by reich013
If I were to purchase goods in the UK, send those goods to a forwarder in the UK, and then have those items were supplied to a customer in Japan, do I reclaim the VAT by submitting the form VAT65A and a certificate of shipment?
Posted Thu, 25 May 2023 11:20:55 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
You can only use a VAT65A form if you are an overseas business who has incurred VAT in the UK on goods or services 
The conditions are;
You are not registered, liable or eligible to be registered for VAT in the UK,
You have no place of business or other residence in the UK and do not make any supplies in the UK (other than transport services related to the international carriage of goods, or supplies where VAT is payable by the person in the UK to whom the supply is made).
Please see the guidance below:
Refunds of UK VAT for businesses established outside the UK

You must be signed in to post in this forum.