Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2023 14:04:55 GMT by
Hi all, Looking to bring imports/exports declarations inhouse at my current job, I have done exports inhouse in previous roles elsewhere. I know that exports can be created through the new CDS system as I have done it previously. looking online I can see that there are lot's of useful software tools as well, but I know that they are not needed to complete the CDS export docs. Imports however, I have not done through CDS before, and when looking online I can see some gov advise saying imports can be made through CDS and some gov advise saying you will NEED software to complete CDS imports. so, do you or do you not NEED software to complete import declarations? Also, is anyone aware of a free to use software for this sort of thing, or are they all paid for, trying to get some good cost savings going here to impress the bosses.
Posted Tue, 05 Dec 2023 12:55:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 18
Hi,

Import declarations can only be submitted on CDS by using software. We are unable to advise if there is any free service available as they are provided by third parties.

More information can be found on the links below:

Making a full import declaration

Software developers providing customs declaration software

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.