Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 15 Sep 2023 14:31:51 GMT by Giulio Tempesta
Would like make an inward processing with material from Italy. The goods need repairing and upgrade service. The goods have to be shipped with DDP incoterms back in Italy. We are experiencing a lot of issue at customs with other goods on hold for months cause unexpected duties and VAT to be paid. Where may I found the correct full procedure and documentation required and instruction how to fill in data in the required documentation?
Posted Tue, 19 Sep 2023 16:25:03 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Hi Giulio Tempesta I am assuming that as you have asked UK customs the import is into the UK. To access the inward processing duty relief in the UK there is a requirement to apply to HMRC for approval. If the import is occasional (no more than three times per 12months) the this can be done at the time of import. You need ,to tell your customs agent that this is what you require. If the imports are regular then application prior to import is required. Whichever type of application is required the information is provided here . Once approved you need to provide your customs agent with the correct information saying the goods should be imported using inward processing and provide them with your authorisation number.
Posted Tue, 26 Sep 2023 10:39:08 GMT by HMRC Admin 10
For information on IPR, you need to refer to below guidance:
Using inward processing to process or repair your goods
How to apply for IPR authorisation is covered under below guidance:
Apply to delay or pay less duty on goods you import to process or repair
A CDS import declaration example using IPR is available on below link:
Get help using example declarations for imports to Great Britain from the rest of the world

You must be signed in to post in this forum.