Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Fri, 01 Mar 2024 21:15:04 GMT by PS254
I'm a student from Asia who has been residing in the UK for over a year. During a recent visit to my home country, I left behind a pair of prescribed spectacles purchased there. These spectacles were subsequently shipped to the UK, and upon their arrival, I was required to pay import tax. I'm seeking clarification on whether I am obligated to pay the import tax or if there's a possibility of reclaiming it. If a reclaim is possible, could you please guide me on the required documents? Thank you for your assistance.
Posted Tue, 12 Mar 2024 15:01:43 GMT by HMRC Admin 19

Students moving to the UK for full time study can claim a relief if the conditions are met, you can see guidance below, including information on repayment claims:

Students moving to the UK for full-time study

Thank you.

You must be signed in to post in this forum.