Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2024 17:10:15 GMT by Michael O'Brien
Hi all, I need to import some goods from Portugal and the timescales between when the goods are complete and when I need them to be in UK is so tight that I dont want them to run into any trouble with couriers. Does anybody know what the process is with regards to me colelcting them myself in a van and bringing them back into the UK, probably via Calais. Do I just need to have invoices and sort taxes when back in UK or is it not that simple?
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2024 11:40:23 GMT by Customs oldtimer
Have a look at the guidelines here. There is a simplified electronic declaration for goods belo £2500 provided they are not restricted goods. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/bringing-commercial-goods-into-great-britainin-your-baggage. You may need to check requirements for export from Portugal / EU . Your supplier is also likely to need proof of export so they don’t charge the Portuguese VAT . Perhaps your supplier can assist you.
Posted Tue, 23 Jul 2024 13:10:26 GMT by HMRC Admin 10 Response
Hi
Please check below links to find out what you need to do when importing commercial goods into Great Britain in your accompanied baggage or small vehicle. 
Bringing commercial goods into Great Britain in your baggage
List of ports using the Goods Vehicle Movement Service

You must be signed in to post in this forum.