Skip to main content

This is a new service – your feedback will help us to improve it.

Posted Sat, 23 Sep 2023 14:40:54 GMT by
My friend is an Ukrainian national and not a category subject to recall there,She took a job contract of a couple of years in United Arab Emirates and has accordingly been living there.Now that is completed she will not be asking to renew. She is going to learn English and take up a job offer here. If a courier brings her personal belongings here will there be Customs /VAT or other things to pay ?
Posted Tue, 26 Sep 2023 09:14:27 GMT by
Hello She will need to apply for a Application for transfer of residence relief (ToR1) using the following link : Once this is received, when she instructs the Courier or shipping company ensure they 100% have the HMRC Authorisation Document and that they 100% understand it is TOR1 so they should not charge any VAT or Duty on Eligible goods , all the guidance is in the Link.
Posted Tue, 26 Sep 2023 10:01:40 GMT by HMRC Admin 21
Please contact our International Trade helpline below:
Imports and exports: general enquiries
Thank you.
Posted Tue, 26 Sep 2023 15:46:58 GMT by
Thanks very much Very helpful
Posted Tue, 26 Sep 2023 15:47:46 GMT by
Thanks very much.Very helpful

You must be signed in to post in this forum.